NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
NOJHL NETWORK MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Jan. 11, 2016
Thunderbirds, Crunch, Voodoos all in top 10 in CJHL rankings
SUDBURY – The latest edition of the Canadian Junior Hockey League’s Pointstreak weekly rankings announced Monday has a trio Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League all rated in the top 10.
The Soo Thunderbirds remain second overall in the 131-team CJHL this week while the Cochrane Crunch moved up to eighth and the Powassan Voodoos jumped to 10th in the listings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
The NOJHL-leading Thunderbirds have reeled off 19 of a possible 20 points in their past 10 games and boast a league-best record of 32-3-1-0 with 65 points overall.
Cochrane also continues their solid season as they have won six in succession and sport an overall mark of 28-5-1-2 while also pacing the NOJHL in goals scored with 214.
Powassan has also had an impressive 2015-16 campaign to date amassing 53 points along with a 25-6-2-1 record.
Back for another week as the No. 1 side in the CJHL is the Trenton Golden Hawks of the OJHL.
The Penticton Vees (BCHL) sits third followed by the Portage Terriers (MJHL) in fourth and the Brooks Bandits (AJHL) in fifth.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings as well as the five honourable mention teams for the period ending Jan. 10:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (2)
3. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
4. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
5. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (7)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
7. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (5)
8. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (9)
9. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (20)
10. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (11)
11. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (13)
12. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (16)
13. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (8)
14. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (19)
15. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (15)
16. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (17)
17. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (12)
18. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (18)
19. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (14)
20. Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL) (HM)
Honourable Mention: Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL) Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL), Brockville Braves (CCHL), Cumberland Grads (CCHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website www.pointstreak.com.