NOJHL NETWORK MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Nov. 30, 2015
Thunderbirds 2nd; Voodoos 9th; Crunch 13th in CJHL rankings
SUDBURY – The Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League remains well represented in the latest Canadian Junior Hockey League Pointstreak top 20 rankings that were released Monday.
The surging Soo Thunderbirds remain second in the overall listings while the Powassan Voodoos sit ninth and the Cochrane Crunch 13th in the latest CJHL tabulations, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Winners of five straight games as well as having gone 17-1 in their past 18 contests, the Thunderbirds continue to lead the NOJHL standings with 44 points and a .917 winning percentage posting a 22-2-0-0 overall record along the way.
The Voodoos and Crunch, who meet at the Powassan Sportsplex tonight, sit second and third respectively in league winning percentage at .848 and .796.
Powassan has gone 19-3-0-1 so far this season picking up 39 points while holding four games in hand on 20-4-1-2 Cochrane, who have 43 points to their credit on the campaign.
The Penticton Vees (BCHL) are the No. 1 side in the CJHL again this week while the Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) round out the top three.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings and five honourable mention teams for the period ending Nov. 29:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK’S RANKING)
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (2)
3. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (5)
4. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
5. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (3)
6. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (4)
7. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (9)
8. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (10)
9. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (7)
10. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (8)
11. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (13)
12. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (12)
13. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (11)
14. Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL) (17)
15. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (19)
16. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (16)
17. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (HR)
18. Cumberland Grads (CCHL) (HR)
19. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (18)
20. Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Battlefords North Stars (SJHL); Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL); Steinbach Pistons (MJHL); Brockville Braves (CCHL); Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL preseason rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, last season’s results in regular season and playoffs as well as initial recruiting efforts for the upcoming season.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website www.pointstreak.com.